Become A Gold Circle Award Judge
The Gold Circle Awards Committee seeks experienced member volunteers to serve as judges for the 2021 Gold Circle Awards program. The awards recognizes associations whose marketing, membership, and communication programs exemplify the effective and innovative use of strategies and tactics to reach their target audiences.
We are seeking judges to assist in reviewing and scoring entries for the 2021 Gold Circle Awards program. Entries for the Awards compeition are evaluated in each category (15 in total) based on established criteria for excellence in association marketing, membership, and communications programs. Judges range from a variety of backgrounds in associations, nonprofits, and for-profit organizations. We are seeking experienced association professionals with the following:
- Expertise of atleast 1 to 3 years within the marketing, membership, communications industry and/or respective Awards category
- Availability to participate in all aspects of the Judging process (see expectations below)
Judges should expect the following:
- To attend and participate in no more than 2 meetings, Orientation (Mid-February) & Selection Call (Early March)
- To be assigned to judge and score entries from one award category, reviewing approximately 3-15 entries
- To dedicate between 5-10 hours in overall volunteer time (including Orientation, reviewing & scoring of entries, & the Selection Call)
- To disclose a conflict of interest in an assigned category (which will result in reassignmen to a new category)
- To provide feedback on their judging experience
- The opportunity to have an inside look at the impactful and innovative association work from their peers
In exchange for their time, Gold Circle judges get an inside look at some of the most innovative and outstanding marketing, membership and communications programs in the nonprofit and association profession. Judges are recognized for their contributions to the competition with their names recognized in ASAE media outreach communications, during ASAE's 2021 Marketing, Membership & Communications Conference, June 2-3, 2021, where we will also recognize our 2021 Gold Circle Awards winners.
The call for judges will open December 15, 2020, and closes on February 11, 2021. Association professionals interested in serving as judges for the Gold Circle Award competition must fill out the form posted in ASAE's Collaborate at the Volunteer Opportunities by the deadline. Specific questions regarding serving as a judge may be directed to Ashley Roberts, Awards Program Manager at email@example.com